RoHS не распространяется на запасные части к электронному оборудованию выпущенному до 1 июля 2006 года.
Main exemptions include:
- the supplier of this product has stated that it contains one or more of the restricted
substances in concentrations above that permitted by the RoHS Directive
- in compact fluorescent lamps not exceeding 5 mg per lamp
- in straight fluorescent lamps for general purposes not exceeding:
- halophosphate 10mg
- triphosphate with normal lifetime 5mg
- triphosphate with long lifetime 8mg
- in straight fluorescent lamps for special purposes
- in other lamps not specifically mentioned in the Annex to the RoHS Directive
- in glass of CRTs, electronic components and fluorescent tubes
- as an alloying element in steel containing up to 0.35% lead by weight, aluminium
containing up to 0.4% lead
- as a copper alloy containing up to 4% lead by weight
- in high melting temperature type solders (eg tin-lead solder alloys containing more than 85% lead)
- in solders for servers, storage and storage array systems (exemption granted until 2010)
- in solders for network infrastructure equipment for switching, signalling, transmission as well as network management for telecommunication
- in electronic ceramic parts (e.g. piezo-electronic devices)
except for applications banned under Directive 91/338/EEC (1) amending Directive 76/769/EEC (2) relating to restrictions on the marketing and use of certain dangerous substances and preparations.
as an anti-corrosion of the carbon steel cooling system in absorption refrigerators.